Looking for a cute and easy gift for the holidays? Use your embroidery machine and free designs included in this project to create this ornament. Then insert a candy cane or fun holiday pencil and it's ready to give. Click HERE to download printable instructions with additional photos. Click HERE to download the free embroidery design.
- Sewing and embroidery machine
- 5 x 7 Embroidery hoop
- Two white felt squares
- 1/4" Baby Lock Tear Away Soft stabilizer
- Temporary spray adhesive
- Small embroidery or appliqué scissors
- Embroidery bobbin thread
- Embroidery thread assortment
- Download the included Snowman Candy Cane Holder embroidery design.
- Unzip the file and save the folder in a location that is easy for you to find.
- Locate the file format that is used by your machine. Send this file to your machine following your manufacturer’s instructions.
- Open the design in the machine and prepare to stitch it.
- Stitch the design.
- In the 130mm x 180mm hoop a piece of Baby Lock Tear Away stabilizer.
- Place a felt square on top of the stabilizer.
- Stitch the first three colors. When they are complete remove the frame from the machine but do not remove the stabilizer from the hoop.
- Spray the back side of the stabilizer with temporary spray adhesive.
- Attach the second felt square to the back of the hoop sticking it to the spray adhesive.
- Stitch the final color attaching the back to the front.
- Finish the snowman.
- Remove everything from the hoop.
- Tear away the excess stabilizer.
- Trim 1/4" from the outside stitching. Being careful not to cut the stitches cut open the button holes.
- Insert a candy cane or fun holiday pencil and it is ready to gift.