USER GENERATED CONTENT PERMISSION
Your passion is our passion. That’s why we at Tacony Corporation, through our Baby Lock division (“Baby Lock”), love engaging with you – our dedicated sewers – and why we are interested in what you have to say about your love of sewing on your social media accounts. From time to time we find content that you have posted on these various platforms, including but not limited to Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Facebook, that appeals to us and that we would love to share with others (“Content”). You understand that the Content may include photographs, videos, images, text, avatars, profiles, and information about you, such as your username, personal name, social media handle, etc., that you make available on the online platform from which the Content is being sourced. This User Generated Content Permission is about how we ask your consent to share your Content and the terms that apply to you and us when we do so. Should you respond to our request for consent to use your Content with #ILOVESEWING or by uploading the Content directly, you agree to the terms of this User Generated Content Permission:
- You represent and warrant that:
- You are an adult eighteen (18) years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States of America (i.e., its fifty states and the District of Columbia);
- The Content is original to you, and you are the sole owner, creator, and/or author of the Content;
- You have the consent or permission from any person(s) appearing in the Content to provide us with the rights to use the Content as described in this User Generated Content Permission. If any such person(s) is a minor, you have the right to grant permission for our use of the Content on behalf of any minor appearing in the Content;
- You will indemnify, defend and hold Baby Lock, our affiliates, our successors and assigns, and our third party service providers harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, damages, fines or other costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, incurred as the result of our possession or use of any of your Content.
- You hereby grant to Baby Lock a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display your Content. Such use by Baby Lock may be in any medium in which your Content may be included in whole, in part, or composite, or reproduction thereof made for, including without limitation, product packaging, news, advertising, promotions, any new media or technology that becomes available later in time, or any similar purpose whatsoever and without further consideration, except where legally prohibited. There is no time or geographic limitation on how long or where your Content may be published, distributed, or otherwise used.
- You agree that we have no obligation to use your Content or your name or other identifying information. Our use of the Content does not imply our endorsement of or any affiliation with you.
- You understand and agree that you will not receive any monetary compensation for use of the Content as provided herein.
- These terms set forth the entire understanding and agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede all other oral or written representations and understandings. You agree that the laws of the United States of America and the internal laws of the State of Missouri shall apply to all matters related to this User Generated Content Permission without regard to choice of law provisions. Any legal action or proceeding relating to the use of the Baby Lock site shall be instituted in a state or federal court in Missouri. You agree to submit to the jurisdiction of, and accept that venue is proper in, the courts of Missouri in any such legal action or proceeding.
- In addition to this User Generated Content Permission, you agree to be bound by Baby Lock’s standard Terms and Conditions for its website, as the same may be modified and updated from time to time.